1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with bid.. Mick please read....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Q-Team Inc, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

I have to prepare an estimate for this coming winter to plow 2 miles of paved road(2 miles in & out total). Its a nice development and the roads are wide. There are 4 cul-de-sacs involved. I will be using a 2001 Chevy 1 ton with 9' blade. I also would like some help with them amount of sand/salt mix that I will need for a season. There are some hills so more will be needed. For some reason this quote is getting to me!!! Mick, hope you chime in on this one....

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'd really like to see it and go over it with you to give you anything near accurate. Realize when I've posted about plowing roads before, it's been pretty generic.

If it makes any difference to you, I have done "bid consultation" with contractors around here.

I could come about any day if you want. Send me a PM if you'd prefer with your city/phone # and we'll set up something.

3. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

Mick-I appreciate the offer. If I need you I will PM you. I should be able to figure this out. Some quotes you just cant stop 2nd guessing yourself if you are accurate. What town are you out of?

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Palermo - Rte 3, half way between Augusta and Belfast.