1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with an rt 2 vee plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Kimicah Inc, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kimicah Inc

Kimicah Inc Junior Member

I'm having problems with my plow when I turn on my hand controller it clicks on the solenoid & causes the plow motor to growl it will not do any functions. I have replaced the hand controller, the solenoid checked the wiring, and cleaned all ends. What am I missing ? Thanks for any help

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Run a set of jumper cables from the motor directly to the battery making a good clean connection at each end. If it spins ok with the jumpers on then you have a poor connection on the power or ground cables.

If it still "growls" then the motor is dead.

3. Kimicah Inc

Ok Thanks I"ll try that.Thanks

4. Kimicah Inc

Tried it the plow still makes the growling noise. It will not come up but I do get left & right wing in & out to work while the pump is making that noise.

5. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Every fall/winter when I would hook my RT-2 up for the first time I would get a similar situation. I found 2 things that were common on mine. The plow frame work and the truck-plow support frame had surface rust and would prevent a good ground and thus I didn't have enough power to run the pump and the selinoid would click and the lights would not function correctly. A little wire brushing on some contact areas helped immediately. Also, on the hand controller, were it plugs into the harness(about 12-18inches from the box), I had a couple of spades in this connector actually come apart enough that they were not making good enough connections. This probably happened from just ratteling around in the cab over the summer. Hope you get going soon, MUD