1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with an EZ Plus mount--too low

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Nov 19, 2011.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I just installed a EZ-Plus mount and clevis on my "99 F250. I went by the instructions and measured the bumper mount bolts and went off that measurement to position the cross bar and clevis. It is in the hole that make it the highest off the ground and I am not quite 11 inches to the bottom of the bar on the clevis that comes forward for the pin. The instructions show 11 1/4 to the hook on the clevis. There is no way to position the crossbeam higher or the clevis higher. What could be wrong. The truck barely comes down and inch with the blade on. The a frame is too low at the rear with the truck sitting on a level surface. Any thoughts or updates from Meyer on this.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you got brackets for a F350 with X code springs.

can you drill a set of holes higher on the drop brackets to raise the mount?

3. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

The 17162 mount is used for F250 thru F550 trucks so it should have enough adjustment to compensate for height. They are not like the Classic mounts for the Superdutys made to fit with certain springs. I will try to take a couple of pictures. Does anyone have a '99 to '04 with the EZ plus mount they can take a picture of so I can see. Thanks.

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I have 3 trucks setup like you need if it stops raining i will get you a picture. Sounds like your springs are already sagging. Spring sag in the front is very common on the f-250 f-350.

5. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thank you, a picture would be appreciated. The truck sits level and the nose only goes down about an inch when the plow is raised.

6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Anyone help on this?

7. golfcar

golfcar Member

Put a extra leaf on the front.