1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with an angle cylinder

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bcofdayton, Dec 3, 2009.

1. bcofdayton

bcofdayton Member

I just noticed my right angle cylinder leaking. Should I rebuild or buy new. Lol now for the list of follow up questions. Is it that bad getting aftermarket? My unit is a Meyer, kind of older, of course Meyer says not to use anything but authentic parts. Also does the length make a huge difference? I measured the yellow part and it's 16 inches from front to back nothing on line is that long though, i suppose it's probably 12" any ideas?

2. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

I just went through this myself. If the chrome is pitted then you're better off to get a new angle cylinder. If no pitting then you can put in a new seal kit and probably be set. I got a set of angle cylinders on ebay. They aren't Meyer but they are the correct size for my model. (1.5" X 10" on my Meyer TM 6.5)
    If you go on the Meyer web site you can download the manual for your particular model and see which angle cylinders you have. The smaller plows like mine use the 10" and the others use the 12".

3. bcofdayton

bcofdayton Member

the label is pretty worn off, but from what I can read it says Meyer Electro Touch and the blade is 8.5' would that be 12"? The cylinders look like they are pretty big, probably 2" my blade has 3 springs and my truck is 3/4 ton, not sure that makes a difference

4. bcofdayton

bcofdayton Member

Would it be bad to put the 1.5 x 12 if I'm running 2 x 12s?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Positive it's an original 8.5? An 8.5 would be a C series. Should have four springs, and would take a 1 1/2" X 12" angle ram. A pic would be helpful.