1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with a western mvp 8.6 v plow.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by highhog1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. highhog1

highhog1 Senior Member

I just bought this MVP blade from a guy but I'm having an issue with the left wing extending when I hit the scoop button. I ve tried a differ controller so I don't think that's the problem. I downloaded all the litature from westerns site I was going to start testing the s4 coil and solenoid or the p/o valve A. I think it was, but before I begin disasembling can anyone give me any tips or advice? Like how do I actually test the coil and solenoid?
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like one of the cartridges just pull them out clean them put the solinoid on them in your hand you should here them move sometimes a piece of dirt or something jams them up good luck
  3. highhog1

highhog1 Senior Member

thanks, it turns out i had to replace 3 cartridges because they swelled up and wouldn't move. I guess when you strike an object hard enough, this can happen due to pressure built up. 500 bucks later its fixed.