1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with a Unimount wiring on a Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JazyT, Nov 12, 2009.

1. JazyT

JazyT Junior Member

Hey guys, I've been pouring over the site looking for the answer, but can't find it.
    I have a unimount 7'6" plow,with the 9 pin connector. I'm mounting it on a 2002 Chevy 2500HD, I DO NOT have the DRL module, and the wire harness I have for the truck has a bunch of loose wires, with no relays attached. It seems to me there is a part of the wire harness missing that would connect to the lights on the truck, I found something on Ebay, but I'm not sure if this is what I need, or if it would even work.
    This is the item in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230396987407

Basically, I need to know if there are connectors that replace the light connectors on the truck, or if this harness is just run with the 6 relays shown in the instructions on the western site spliced into the trucks light wiring, AND, can I do this without the DRL module, or do I need to buy this harness from ebay.
    Is there a way to make all of this work?? Will I need to buy the DRL module?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate and and all info on this matter.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

the question is how much do you want to spend. if you have the hydraulic harness (with the white small 6 pin connector, the 2 big pin harness and the starter relay you can operate the plow. if you want you can purchase a relay style headlight harness (approx $100 - $150 from a western dealer (they may have to order it as it in not popular) or you can find the headlight wire in the harness and wire to a switch in the cab. the disadvantage to this is you would have to shut of your truck lights and unless you hook up a 6 pole switch you will only have low beams

4. JazyT

JazyT Junior Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up purchasing the wire harness and dlr from a dealer, got it all done and running nicely.