1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with a *T* handle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LD4850, Nov 15, 2010.

1. LD4850

LD4850 Member

I have a conventional mount cable controlled plow with the "old" T handle.
    Had to take it apart awhile ago to move it, now need a parts diagram so I can put it back together.
    I can't find ANY information on the old *T* handle controllers. Lots on the joy stick for cable but not the T.
    Anyone know where I can get any info ?

Also does anyone know if the newer joy stick with the black cables will work to controll an older red cabled T handle plow?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I don't think I've even seen a "T" handled one before. Maybe this was prior to D&D intervention. Could you post a pic? I would think the newer cable operated joysticks would work just fine, that is if the "T" handle is in fact a cable operated joystick.?.

3. LD4850

LD4850 Member

4. Purplerays6

Purplerays6 Junior Member

I used to have a standard with a t-handle. Good dependable plow. I still have the old t-handle. I switched to a joystick, liked it better. The t-handle had non adjustable cables, the joystick had adjustable ones. I don't remember, but I don't think they were interchangeable. I do remember the cables would freeze up sometimes. I sure miss that old truck.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Thanks for posting that. I had never seen one before. However the pump that it goes to looks to be nothing more then a EHP or whatever Western calls theirs.

From what I could find, you can update that to a newer style cable control joystick. I couldn't find any breakdowns of the T handle style however. Just a few actual controllers listed for sale on EBay, that you've already located yourself.

6. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Would you be interested in selling it?

Do you remember if the connections at the pump were the same?

7. Purplerays6

Purplerays6 Junior Member

The connections are the same, just adjustable cables. Let me get it out, I'll see what all I have. I think I still have the cables connected.