1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with a strobe setup

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by hondapro4004x4, Feb 3, 2010.

1. hondapro4004x4

hondapro4004x4 Junior Member
    from Vermont

i am hopefully get a new truck here soon. hopefully a chevy. i am gunna need to rig it up wid some strobes when i get it. I know for sure that i am gunna put a dual rotater on the roof or "headache" rack. But i also want some more strobes than just that. so you guys got any ideas? i would like to keep the cost kind of low.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

How low? Hide aways would probaly be cheepest next to a beacon / minin light bar. You can get a used set of his aways on eBay for a good price. Iam sure saftey lighting will Comment on this as he does specailize in this field.

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

4. hondapro4004x4

from Vermont

ok thatt is what i was looking for. but can i get these hide aways in amber? would it even be worth ot to get them in amber if i am gunna put them in my headlights and taillights cuz they would just be the color of the tails lights right? also i heard that strobe tubes get quite hot and sometimes melt that light housing. is this true? if so would i be better off with LED's? thanks for the help cuz i am new to all this lighting stuff.

5. ajslands

Yes they get hot bur that's why when you drill holes in lights you make sure it's not touching plastic. I've never seen ambers in hl just in grille

6. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

White strobes are the brightest. If you put them in your reverse section, they will still be white.

7. ajslands

I put mine in tail lights, I didn't have room anywhere else '04 f250 but IMO dont buy amber strobes if you have a amber beacon, buy clear and if your worried bout melting spend a little extra and buy LEDs also you don't have 3 wires in led, just 1. If you wanna know how to install them just reply.

8. hondapro4004x4

from Vermont

thatnks for your help....about how much would LED hide-a-ways cost me?