1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with a Springwise Bid!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by srl28, Aug 12, 2009.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Got a springwise bid that needs to be in within the next say 2 days. They seem to want not only a seasonal price but also a per event price.....Kinda confusing me. any easy way to figure that? Cant say this will be an easy place to plow but its big and open and decent money from what I understand.

Say for the sake of arguement, seasonal it comes to 50k. that takes care of seasonal but what about the per event.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the same bid, You know your area and what to charge, only you know what to charge per event. good luck.

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

True, we generally went by seasonal pricing, making this somewhat tricky. I know my costs and labor and what not. Just dont want to put 2 different numbers there and have them not add up right if that makes any sense. Any help with it? Not to get personal or pry but how did you give them the 2 numbers?

4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

It says on the bid " Please utilize this seasonal pricing format if your region recieves more than 15" of snow annually"
    So if you get more than 15" of snow just fill the seasonal price part out :dizzy:

5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Sorry the above post sounded alittle harsh so I am appologizing in advance

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Your correct it does say that, however, and I'm looking at the bid packet now it says on the very front page, at least on mine it does:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This bid package proposal contains 2 formats to quote snow plowing services PER EVENT FORMAT & SEASONAL PRICING FORMAT. Please fill out both formats.

With that said, and thats word for word from the front page, its somewhat confusing

7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Mine does not say that . Now I understand the confusion.

8. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Phew, was thinkin now that everyone thought I was nuts. See what I mean? The girl in the office didnt have a clue when I called and asked why there were 2 pricing formats and when I asked how they wanted their numbers broken down. Still not sure how to go about filling this out for them.

9. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

How many events do you get a year? Divide the # of events by the seasonal # I guess.

10. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking, just seemed to easy ha! Simple math calculation and theyre making it a big deal. Oh well. Ill try that and see. Any body else have an opinion or idea about this!?

shouldve heard the girl who I was speaking with earlier at Springwise, put me on hold about 7 times to go check with someone else, still couldnt get a solid answer lol

11. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Chrissy? She seems way to bubbly

12. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Haha thats her, spoke to Melodie first

13. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

How did you come up with the seasonal price if you didn't calculate the average number of events along with average inches a season hence giving a number on a per push price?

14. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

It was party based off of another local site we have that is similar in size. Also loosly based on an estimate of per push however they want certain things added into the seasonal. The site also has some specifics that dont really go with a per push type thing. Confusing I know