1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With A Price Change (Residential)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by occ3377, Feb 13, 2008.

1. occ3377

occ3377 Member

I would like it if someone who does Resisdentials to help me adjust our price for snow removal
    This link Live Search Maps
    The houses we do are the ones centraly located around that dark spot (pond) and are the 15 double units, and i usually plow it for my uncle by myself or with younger family that works for free and i get paid 15 dollars an hour and it usually takes from 3-4 hours on average and was wondering if that sounds right or not.

thanks for any responses
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

$15/hr to plow? You are nuts! You are at least 4 times too low...seriously. You will not last long if that's all you're making. Good luck
  3. occ3377

occ3377 Member

i figured that but since i am 15 almost 16, my uncle is still in charge and thinks that its "a good price" and i always try to tell who is it a good price for, us or them.

any more?
  4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

you should be getting paid at least 45 per/hr. unless its your uncles equipment
  5. occ3377

occ3377 Member

yea it is his machine, so it would probly be less, but i change the oil and do the maintenece i change the mower to the blower, i put 95% of the hours on that machine because he didnt want to, so i know he bought it (not cheap) but thats really all