1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with a plow mount- 01 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hawk275, Oct 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hawk275

hawk275 Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the site and would like anyone's opinion on mounting a 7.5 ft Meyer on an 01 GMC Sierra ext cab. I have a blade, A-frame, wiring, and all I need is a way to mount it. I want to get a mount that is as close as I can get and fab it to make it work. I am having a ton of trouble finding a mount that is a direct bolt on. Does anyone know why that is? I guess I'd be looking for hte EZ Mount classic, I believe. I had on on my 98 chevy and that worked pretty nice. Has anyone made their own mount? I have access to steel, welders, and all the necessary stuff to make one, but I don't want to be bolting to somewhere that I shouldn't be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am in Erie, PA and if anyone around me has a mount to sell for my truck, I am willing to drive a ways to get it. Thanks everyone.
    Thanks, Mike

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Refuse to purchase a new one? Even though they've basically been discontinued they are still available from dealers.

3. hawk275

hawk275 Junior Member

No, I don't refuse to buy a new one. It's just that I am only going to be using this to plow out my parents drive and parking lot, and my brother's and sister's houses when needed. I definitely won't be making any money on this, in fact it looks like I will be spending enough and then not to mention the gas and time it takes to do favors. As anyone else, just want to be in it as cheap as possible, for the use it will get. If I were planning on making money or using it for commercial purposes, I would buy a bigger plow with the bells and whistles. Plus, I hate to order a new one and say "crap, I coulda made that really easy" when I get it. If anyone has a used one, i would much rather go that way, but last resort is a new one. Or if I can find an entire good used setup that I could just bolt on at a decent price, I would be willing to scrap this whole idea and go that route.....anyone have anything??????