1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with a part number

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

As many of you know, I run a 7'6" MT on my Jeep Wrangler. I also have an 8000lb winch on the front as well.

Now - I currently have the winch battery cables running to the battery, as well as the plow wiring harness. Here is what i would like to do. I want just the plug and about 1 foot of cable (red/black) that would be the same as my "plow" side of the main power feed to the plow. With that - I am going to wire that to the winch. This way, in the summer, I can plug the plow plug into the winch, and in winter when I put on the plow, I can plug the power into the plow. Then, I would only have 1 fuse and 1 set of wires coming off the battery. Plus, the vehicle side of the plow wiring has that nice web meshing over the cables to protect them.

So.... anyone know the proper part number for one of those plugs/wires? Basher? I am looking in your general direction... ;)

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

if you are looking for like warn connectors a warn part number is a 22680 and they come in a pair around $50.00

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

http://www.delcity.net/delcity/servlet/catalog?parentid=112&page=1

This what you're looking for?

Try radio shack, or a truck equipment supplier.

We stock them in kits but I don't have the price handy. we use the 175 amp units for most things. If you buy in parts rather then kits remember you need 2 connectors and 4 terminals for one connection

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

If You Are Using A Warn Winch Be Careful I Have Found That Some Of The Plugs Wont Fit But The Ones That Basher Found Im Sure Are Cheaper And Im Sure He Has Tested Them With A Warn Power Connector

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

Wow! You Know Plowsite Is Slow When You Keep Checking The Same Things Out Over And Over Again For A Reply... Lol

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've found it's 50/50 some time it works great other times the Warn part is a better fit in a warn connector then the generic connector. They plug in OK but sometimes they don't lock well.

I like the spring locking ones for constant use applications

7. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

The connector for my plow is a rubber two prong connector, one male and one female almost like a "pins"

Its not a plastic locking connector like the one basher showed. I found an MT parts diagram on sno-ways site (they hide that stuff pretty well.... ;) ) and it looks like I want part #96104230

My winch is a cheap one - it just has heavy duty cables running to the battery (like the plow does). Instead of having 4 huge cables running up to the battery, with 2 fuses, my thought was to cut the winch wiring outside the jeep near the radiator and then just plug the winch into the plow wiring connector.... That was the point of this exercise....

Basher - can I order up that part from you? Or - do you have any junker snoways laying around you can just cut the power plug off of - I only need about a foot of cable and the plug itself so i can splice it.

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i would just cut the plug off the plow and use the plastic connectors

9. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Thats a good idea. I just thought I would only have to buy/splice one wire if I ordered the sno-way one... Plus - that connector works really well - even when full of snow....

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

okay!.... so i think the part number you are looking for is a 96104230 they are expensive though i would bet on about 70-80 bucks

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you could try a Meyer pump side power harness on the winch. the old style with only one ground. you can probably get one cheap on Ebay

Or you could use the 96104230

Never junked a snoway, they just keep pushing snow:D

Last edited: May 5, 2008