1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with a '01 1500 4x4 5.3 plz

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 91AK250, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well as you know i'm a die hard ford guy, but my cousin who is stationed over seas right now, his 2001 chevy 1500 4x4 5.3(i think!) has been sitting for a year so far. since hes gone and not using it he would like me to sell it.

the problem is, it has a CEL on. i went to pull the codes on it and there is no power at the OBD2 port. i checked all the fuses i could find but idk where else to start with this problem? what could cause a loss of power at the OBD2 port?

otherwise its a decent little truck, perfect for some highschool kid. since its all black got a roll pan, 22s, tint ect
  2. poolboy

poolboy Junior Member

check the fuse to the cig lighter. My 02 had the same problem, and it was the fuse for the cig lighter that powered the OBD2. The fuse might be under the hood, I can't remember
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poolboy is 100% correct the cig fuse is blown as the same circuit powers the OBD port. Fuse should be in the underhood fuse panel.
  4. 91AK250

awsome thanks guys, i'll pull it in later and see what i can findout.
  5. 91AK250

thanks a million guys!!!

it was the cig fuse, replaced it and bam i had power. i was able to get the code. it was a o2 sensor code which i think was just linked to being parked and only ran very little for the last year since my cousin has been deployed. i cleared the code and driven the truck some and it has not came back.

since i took pics to try and sell it with i thought i'd throw one up here.