1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with 720LT PH-1

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JeepJunkee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

I am new to the plowing world and bought a used 720LT PH-1 for my Jeep. Was hooked up and everything worked except the plow would not angle right. Noticed the driver side cylinder was leaking and replaced it but that didn't fix. Pulled the valve out noticed a very small nick on an O-ring, so replaced it. Not the fix. Was told it might be electrical so got a test light and checked all functions. While doing that I lost all functions, noticed some wires looked pinched so replaced the plow side harness. While unhooking the harness the wire for the S5 solenoid pulled out of the plug. Can't find the pin connector at any parts store so made a jump wire for new harness to by-pass the plug. Now I try to move the plow with the joystick and can only hear the motor running but no movement. Same goes with hitch switch. Solenoids are magnetized when they should be. I need help with this. I can't get this to a Blizzard dealer (hour drive one way) in the back of a Jeep Wrangler LOL

2. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

Nothing? Stumped everyone?

3. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

I am new to the plowing world and bought a used 720LT PH-1 for my Jeep. Was hooked up and everything worked except the plow would not angle right.

That would make me think that the plug was lose. Some times i can be plowing along and hit a bump and the angle will stop. I jump out and push the plug together even though it doesnt look like its a part. you can also check the male ends in the plug and pry them a part a little bit with flat blade screw driver. I have also had one of the male ends snap off and have take a sheet metal screw with the head cut off and screwd it in the place of the old spot

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

need good ground

5. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

Plug not loose, getting power on both sides of the plug ( the plug that the solenoids go into). Replaced the plow side harness. Why would any plug come loose when I was not driving when it stopped working. Was sitting in driveway testing wires for power. Ground is fine. Fluid is pumping through lines but no movement on any cylinders. Can move plow in all directions by hand.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Truck side plug.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

If your solenoids are magnetized when supposed to be as you say, then did you check your valve to be sure it is opening and closing when the solenoid is magnetized?

8. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

Updated
    Tried tightening all electrical connections and noticed the motor terminal would not tighten. Tried taking the nut off but it would just spin and eventually broke off. Put a new motor on and pulled the tank off and noticed there was a small tube with an angle cut on one end was laying in the tank. Cleaned all the gunk out and replaced it. Filled back up and tried to work the power hitch but nothing moved. Can see fluid leaving the tank but no movement.

Could a relief valve be bad? Dealer told me the valves just don't go bad like this. They were stumped.

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Did you do what I suggested earlier? If the pump is running and you can't get any actions to work then you have a valve problem be it electrical or hydraulic.

10. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

I removed all lines from the manifold one at a time and had fluid coming out of each port when I activated that function. That means the valves are opening correct?
    But why would everything stop working with the vehicle sitting in my driveway while I was testing wires?

11. JeepJunkee

JeepJunkee Junior Member

tn.jpg

This might be the problem. Came out of the RV1 on the manifold. Am I correct?

tn.jpg

12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Well, looks like it's a problem now ;)

If as you say, there was gunk in the reservoir, I would recommend pulling, disassembling, and cleaning all the valves. You'll need a 3/8" stud puller to disassemble.