1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with 7.5 RD plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by den327, Feb 11, 2007.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Hey everyone,I just purchased an rd minute mount 2 plow for a gmc 1500.I installed it myself and have 1 minor problem.When I angle the plow left with my joystick controller,as soon as I let off the plow bangs.It does not do it when I angle right.Any Ideas what would cause this.Also when I drop the plade using float,the lift ram does not fully collapse by itself.there is abou 3 inches left on it?Thanks

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Den..... couple things: Somewhere else on here (and sorry I didn't do a search for it!) it's been mentioned about the ridiculously hard stop when angling to the left. Apparently it's well-known by dealers & Fisher, and the general response is that only the Fishstik makes a softer stop. Second, for the lift ram.... maybe there isn't enough tension on the spring cable pulling it down? It DOES have the cable, right? Not just the chain, but the added benefit of something pulling the lift ram down. Not sure on other manufacturers, but the Fishers won't fully retract without help. Does this help at all?

~Kevin

3. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

The plow does have the spring on it.I went out and saw that it needed to be adjusted along with the chain.Lifting is perfect now.Only problem is the bang when turning left only.I think the right ram lets off gradually when I let go of the joystick.Seems like the left stops hard and thts what causes the bang.So you think the fishstick will solve that problem?

4. YardMedic

People have complained of the same problem you're having, and that was the response they all got from dealers -- the Fishstik is reported to be gentler. I've never used one -- had the stationary joystick since the first minute mount about 10 years ago. Never noticed much problem with mine, or I was just used to it. Hate to see someone NEED to purchase something extra, but it might work better for you. Chat it up with a dealer you trust on that one. Good luck!

~Kevin

BTW: getting some snow in the next couple days?

5. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Just wanted to update,I bought a fish stik .Problem solved.Thanks so much for the help.

6. YardMedic

Great! Glad that fixed things, though I don't think it's a good selling feature for Fisher!

It was interesting plowing in the big storm yesterday, angling to the left and experiencing (maybe to a lesser degree) the hard stop & "clunk" as the blade stopped suddenly. I remembered this thread!

Take care

~Kevin