1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help with 2003 dodge ram and fisher mm1 PLEASEEEE

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jrrickard, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

ok, so I have a fisher MM1 and a 2003 dodge ram 1500 hemi...I have wired up the plow and am at a point now where I have no drivers side low beam. this is with no plow hooked up....when I hook up the plow I have a dim drivers side plow light, no drivers side marker plowlight, and no passenger headlight and have passenger marker....I have triple checked the truck side wiring and followed Fishers Paperwork and its all correct...this was a used setup off of a 2004 gmc sierra, so I am wondering if somewhere out of the 4 port isomod to the plow and lights the wiring is messed up. Just looking for any insite and any advice anyone may have. Thanks in advance

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

What light harness's are you using

3. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

I purchased them new from Fisher I don't have the numbers at hand but have them wired for hb5 headlights

4. Arc Burn

Check your configuration plug(6-8" from Iso Mod on harness #1)sounds like your headlight problem,double check marker bulbs in plow headlights.Did you get a new Iso Mod as well?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure that's the right ISO for your dodge. Sounds like you need to flip the headlight plug A to B. The maker light,,,how did you splice into the tkside harness

6. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

No I did not get a new isomod, but went to my local fisher dealer and they had another isomod I swapped in quick and it had the same problem..you are saying to check the #1 plug harness off the isomod, not the headlight harnesses? What am I looking for off the #1 harness...Also I have checked the bulbs all are good. and I wired the purple wires from the fisher harness into the positive blinker on the factory side and the gray wire to the positive parking light. thanks for all the help guys...

7. dieselss

Where you plug the plow wiring into.the tk wiring

8. Arc Burn

This is a 4 port module correct?not 3 port,if so you need to get your paperwork back out because this will all be greek wihout it.On the #1 harness(controll Harness) you need to find the socket were the configuration plug(it controlls posotive or negative ground for the headlight system) the problem your having is this plug is not there because it wasn't needed on the chevy,maybe the guy gave it to you?if not go back to the dealer and pick up part#26421.,while you donot have the correct Iso Mod(should be a white label) i THINK it still works,just a matter of different circuitry internally for DRL's,this is for your headlight problem

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What color is the tag and what is the part number on the isolation module? If the wiring setup is off a 2004 Sierra you should have a three port isolation module green label part#29070-1.The Sierra has a headlamp harness #29048 which is for a hb3/hb4 headlamps.You need headlamp harness #29050 hb5 for your truck.Check and make sure all connections are clean and not full of corrosion.

10. Arc Burn

Trying to get him to confirm this,original post states 4 port and new harness's which are still available

11. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

I have a white 4 port isomodule because I swapped my fisher dealer for the green one that came because it was off of a chevy. I purchased the correct headlight harnesses for a dodge from him and have them all wired correctly for hb5....I know what plug off of port number 1 you are talking about its next to the two fuses, and all it has is the dust cover....so you are saying there is a jumper plug that dodge requires that the chevy didn't? if so I will def pick that up and try it I out....but all other wiring is wired correctly I checked and rechecked so I am hoping it is the missing plug.

12. Arc Burn

Yes-this will fix your headlight issue,also read your instructions again when you do the plug,it can be jumped 2 different ways.

13. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

hey guys sorry it took so long to reply been busy as can be...got that plug and that solved the problem....now I have other issues lol...this is what I get for buying used...still better then 3k for a slightly used or a new one...considering this is for my property and family and not for business then I can justify the 1200 buck I may have in this used setup when I am done...but anyway now when I go to use the plow the motor runs and sounds like its spinning but I have no movement of plow in any direction at all...fluid is a little low and dirty but on some previous plows I have had this still allowed for some movement.....as of now I have zero blade movement.....I have not yet tested the plow solenoids for magnetism I will do that tom...but besides that any other ideas or suggestions? also could the pump be bad but motor be good? my fluid is milky so I am sure I am in need of a full service..any direction for that process as well? you guys have all been great with the help I cannot thank you guys enough.

14. dieselss

Well first drain and fill the fluid. Your saying its low, milky, and dirty. Really c'mon man

15. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

I should have specified it is not extremely low... I have only experience in insta act pumps and not these sehp pumps...milky fluid isn't a direct cause of ZERO movement.. usually freezup and whining. I get I have to take prior steps to mark them off the list...as is why I mentioned I need to do this tom..but in the mean time I was picking for information of other possibly sources so if tom I change the fluid and filter and have the same problems I can look into anything else that may have been suggested ton before I am in the garage tom...thank for the help

16. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Some of the fisher pumps had an issue with pickup tube falling off. Do what SS said and change fluid and check that you are getting power to valves before tearing pump apart.

edit: never mind, this is not an issue with sehp pumps.

17. dieselss

So is it a canister type setup like an ultramount? Or is the kinda where the lift ram is part of the pump.

18. kimber750

Another thought, double check the wires on your motor. Make sure the on the rights studs. If hooked up backwards the motor spins backwards and the pump will not work in reverse.

19. jrrickard

jrrickard Junior Member

its the type with the lift ram as part of the pump setup...motor and pump are working I took the valve block off and it spit fluid out,,,i do not have someone around yet to help test the solenoids for magnetism..hopefully ton when my gf gets home

20. kimber750

Does sound like motor is free wheeling or is under load?