1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with 03' Silverado fisher plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by wonka144, Nov 16, 2008.

1. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

I am moving a used 8' Fisher MM1 from a 00' Silverado 2500HD to a 03' Silverado 2500HD

DEALER #1 says I can not used the YELLOW tag 4 port module or my headlight wire harness from the 00'...So I put my yellow tag module up for sale and purchase a WHITE tag module of craigslist. The seller stated that it came from a "03' Chevy" and the part #s matched what DEALER #1 said I needed.

DEALER #2 says I can use both WHITE or YELLOW tag modules and both can easily be used on my 03' Silverado. He told me to plug everything in without mounting and test it. So I plug everything in and both modules do seem to respond normally, the lights change over to the plow side and the blade did respond...Now I never connected the directionals as I was just trying to see how the 2 modules responded.

DEALER #3 says neither module should be used and he could sell me the right one a GREEN tag module for $275.00 or a kit that included the 2 harnesses for $348.00

The fisher plow website will only tell me that my vehicle takes a 3 port module

So I sell the YELLOW tag and permanently mount the WHITE tag module (PN26134) along with my original headlight harnesses (26360) (26361) Port #1 harness (22415) and port #2 harness (22413)......Now after permanently mounting everything the lights do switch over to the plowside BUT the directionals and highbeams do not work. Then I go to use the blade controls and they do not respond either.

Is there anyone that can shed some light on this? Thanks
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Green is what u want. I think the yellow is just not set up for daytime runing lights. I think It should still work though. I think the white is for ford, dodge, vehicles with single headlights.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

Yep...I think Im going to get me a yellow tag