1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help wiring to a 2003 gmc

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Emeraldturf1013, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Emeraldturf1013

Emeraldturf1013 Junior Member

I picked up a 2003 western ploy plow for my 2003 gmc 2500 hd. Got the mounts on but the wiring looks like a nightmare . Any help?

2. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

shouldnt be to bad at all... checkout westernplows.com they have a lot of wiring diarams that will help you out.

3. Emeraldturf1013

4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

For some reason I can't find what your talking about on the website from my phone. The battery side of your motor relay is the side that has the large red wire going to the battery

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"Bat"...as in battery. Western recommended using the battery side (constant hot) stud of the plow motor relay to power the DRL circuits instead of connecting it directly to the positive battery terminal. Just less connections to try and get on the already busy positive battery terminal.

6. Emeraldturf1013

Ok, I got everything on the wiring diagram figured out, seemly I have everything where it needs to go. Nothing. Where should I start? I know its hard unless you are looking at it, but I thought one of you guys might be able to help me out.The plow supposedly worked when taken off the truck, I bought it from a straight up guy who takes really good care of his equipment. Maybe when the plow was uninstalled a wire got pulled away from a relay or something(its all taped up in a ball)? The plow light on the controller comes on when I start my truck, but when I hit the controller, the lights on the truck just dim and nothing happens. The lights on the plow dont even come on, I though if anything they should come on. Any advise? Thanks guys!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Time to get the jumper cables or screwdriver out and jump the pump solenoid to at least see if the motor is operational and then go from there.