1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help wiring the valve body for my fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dodgedump, Jan 15, 2006.

1. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

I have an old style pump in my truck. A also purchased a valve body with 4 solenoids on it. It has an IN, Return, Hose for up/down and 2 angle hoses. I attached a pic. My problem is wiring up the switches. I dont know what color wire goes where. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Kind of looks like a Barnes pump, what does it say on the green tag on the side? As for the valve block, its really hard to tell with one picture what does what. It lools like there are 2 wires per valve so one wire would be power and the other would be ground.
  3. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

My new problem is this. The plow will go up right/left but not down. If I hit the right or left toggle and press the down at the same time then it goes down. I dont have to hold the right/left the whole time Im pushing down just at the beginning to get it started. If I dont send some trigger of power to the motor solenoid and press the down for a second and hold down All I hear is a click-nothing else. Is the solenoid sticking?

Last night I got it to go down fine. Thanks
  4. john-boy

john-boy Member

pump looks to be a fenner stone pump just like the northmans use, but the valve body looks like a thrown together. as for the down problem, u might look for an adjustment on it.
  5. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

An adjustment at the solenoid? Why would it work last night but not today?