1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP!!!!!! Wiring Meyer touchpad to Northman Plow!!!!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by YPLLLC, Oct 3, 2011.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Hey Guys, I am in the process of wiring up a meyer touchpad to a Northman 2200B Plow. I have gotten a wiring diagram from meyer and have wired everything, EXCEPT...... The solinoid for the left plow cylinder. Problem is I have no more wires on the control and on meyers the left is the default. Any ideas??? does this description make sense or am i an idiot....

Thanks in advance,

YPLLLC

2. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Please disregard, i am an idiot!!!! Caant be wired!!!

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Correct:nod:

4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

I bet it could be done. I'm guessing your northman is looking for a valve solenoid and a motor solenoid signal for left vice just a motor for the meyer. Hook both connections to the one available left connection on your touchpad, but put a doide inline with the wire to the motor solenoid. This will prevent the activation of the motor from activating the left valve solenoid on up down and right. The diode needs to go in the right direction, they are like a check valve for electric current. Do some research on the internet about which way and then head to radio shack.

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

There is no left angle wire for Meyer though, the pump default is left angle so there is no solenoid that needs to be activated.

6. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Ok sorry, my method will only work with the slik stick or with some fancy internal mods to the touchpad... on the slik stick left has a terminal that tees in with the right and lift motor terminals in the wiring harness, it does this internally in the touchpad.