1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help, will this plow fit my Blazer?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by truth, Feb 27, 2011.

1. truth

truth Junior Member
    from wi

Hey All,
    I just bought my first house, out in the country. I have a 2 track dirt driveway, long and uneven and a pain in the butt to clear in the winter! I bought a little tractor with a blower and this has proven to be a headache. I have a 95 S10 blazer 4x4 that I do not drive often. I have decided to put a plow on it, I think it will do just fine for what I need. I have never had the need for a plow before, so I do not know much. I have found a used unit and need to determine if it will fit my Blazer. The information listed is as follows "Western 6 1/2 foot blade with universal mid size suv mount, requires removal of front bumper." Attached are 2 photos of the plow and mount. Will this fit my 95 S10 Blazer? Thank you very much for the help! Frank R.

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That's an old cable controlled Isarmatic plow. I have never heard of the "universal SUV mount." With all the new mounts they are very vehicle specific. Sounds to me like the seller wanted to make it sound easy to install.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Look like it mounts to the top of the frame rail..It is a permanent mount..question, were is the plow light setup??

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You need to take measurements on the frame of the mount and the truck. That mount is for some vehicle but can't tell from pics. The plow is universal with the proper conventional mount. The mount is vehicle specific.