1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! Which Plow mount is the least visible?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 2thdoc14, Oct 31, 2015.

1. 2thdoc14

2thdoc14 Junior Member

Hi Guys,

long time lurker!

I have a 2015 Wrangler 2 door. I wanted to plow with it, but the snoway mount (shown below) I was looking at hangs down waaaaay too much! I want a mount that when the plow is not in use...isnt so low to the ground. The rep told this is what I would have to deal with all season as the mounting of this is difficult to remove. I can't have that much hanging down in off season.

Any suggestions?

unnamed.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That is hideous go buy yourself a Western

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Plow mounts anD 4wheeling dont necessarily go well together.

If you want the ground clearance, regardless of plow MFG.
    just remove the lower section of the mount for the summer.

I have to agree with olddog,,, that mount is hideous....

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Fisher has the smallest mount and the easiest to take off.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Show a side pic of the lower mount. And can you fabricate?

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Mine hangs down like that as well. Only complaint I have about my plow. I just learned to deal with it. Looks like you've already bought the plow if the mount is on your vehicle. You're either going to take a bath selling it to buy a different one, or deal with it.

7. 1olddogtwo

OP, I would advise you to contact Mark O in regards to proper mount.

8. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

If you can use a light duty plow, the Snowbear just uses a front hitch receiver. You don't lose much ground clearance, and get an extra place to attach a strap for towing, (though you probably don't need that on a Wrangler).

9. JustJeff

There's no way anybody including the OP is going from a real plow to a snowbear.

10. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Not necessarily; I did.

11. JustJeff

Good luck with that. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get out of my truck to turn my plow manually every ten seconds.

12. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

It's worked fine. If you are turning your plow every ten seconds, this is definitely not the plow for you. I do two driveways, and I probably get out of the Jeep twice the whole time - not a big deal. They are very different plows, obviously, but I would say that overall I am at least as happy with the Snowbear on my Jeep as I was with the Western on my Dodge. And the ground clearance is a lot better.

13. JustJeff

Well then it works for you. But it's safe to say that most people are plowing more than two driveways if they have enough reason to buy a plow at all. I would say that I'm definitely angling my plow one way or the other every ten seconds.

14. 2thdoc14

2thdoc14 Junior Member

Hey Guys,

That is not my Jeep...I found the pic online and thought it looked like crap on there. i had a date set up to install the Snoway, but cancelled the order as i can't have that crap on the Jeep all year long.

I have had a Western HTS on my 1500 and a Boss Vplow on my 2500 HD.

This is just for my driveway at home, so I wanted to get the smallest, least visible mount and don't know which plow has the smallest mount.

15. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

You may find the Snowbear is good for you. Just be aware of it's limitations, and it's advantages.

It is not a full size, heavy duty plow. But it does work, it's inexpensive, the mount is very convenient and you can tuck it away in the corner of your garage. On my Liberty, I really lost no ground clearance at all. Perhaps a tiny bit on the approach angle, but still noting significant. As Harleyjeff says, you do have to get out to change the angle. It's also slow going up and down, compared to a hydraulic plow.

16. JustJeff

Then do as Pat suggested above. Get a whichever Western you like, a HTS or whatever. They have removable receivers and give you the best ground clearance in the Summer.

17. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

My Western Ultra Mount seems barely visible on my Dodge Ram when I pull the pins to remove the receivers. I would guess that kind of mount would offer the greatest clearance.

18. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it's just your driveway, what's wrong with a snowblower? Cheapest of all your options so far

19. 1olddogtwo

Homework done for ya. Western Mid-weight 7-6. U could go with a HTS if you wanted

Screenshot_2015-11-01-10-00-15.jpg

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ we all know there is a plethora of plows for his jeep.
    but i think hes looking at the high of the mounts from the ground..." I wanted to plow with it, but the snoway mount (shown below) I was looking at hangs down waaaaay too much! I want a mount that when the plow is not in use..""

op, most mounts are set up to be around 15" or so from the ground.