1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help which plow 8611 or 8611lp?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by noluck, Jan 25, 2011.

1. noluck

noluck Junior Member

picked up my new F350. dealer had installed 8611 not 8611lp which is what I thought I was getting. Read the Specs. It appears 8611 is "old school" blizzard and 8611lp is"western" version of blizzard. dealer says they will put on lp if i want it. lp has different pump, mounting, lights, controller. 8611 is thicker, taller, and heavier. Anyone have experience with either? cureently have 2 older 810s on other trucks w/ ok reliability. Any help would be appreciated.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That's a heavy plow for a 350 it weighs 1500lbs
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I think you're confusing your model numbers. I highly doubt any dealer would put a full size 8611 on a 1 ton...
  4. Wallace

Wallace Member

Doen't seem like you have any options here....They told you take it or leave it right?
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya I agree on it being a bit much for that truck if it is indeed a full size 8611, not to mention the 8611 and LP's use the same power unit, pump, etc. I'm wondering if you have an early LP and not the newer style and that's the confusion.

Post a pic and we'll be able to help you better.
  6. noluck

noluck Junior Member

the plow they installed according to the sn# was built in 2008 although they are still selling it as a new model. It is the 8611 heavy plow. my local blizzard dealer was also surprised that they installed it as it is recommended for f450 or bigger. The ford dealer as offered to exchange and install the 8611lp no charge.
  7. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Why not invest some $ into the front end of the pickup in order to carry the load properly? Explore that option as well. In time even with a lighter plow, chances are that you will end up throwing $ into the front end. I am due for a suspension upgrade in my 08 with a 810 mounted to it for the last 3 years.
  8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Your dealer is an idiot.

I assume you now have an 8611, and you thought you were getting a 86110lp (western style). I would ask for a refund for the plow, leave the mount and wiring, and get a used 810 or 8611lp. No need to uninstall everything. They will all fit on the same mount.
  9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

As well, you don't want the new style if you have two older 810's. Interchangeability is the way to go!
  10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Buddy, a full size 8611 is 1500lbs, even with lots of ballast and a gas motor, it's still going to go over FAWR, it's too much plow for a 1 ton. I'm told I'm crazy running 8611lp's on 3/4 and 1 ton pickups all the time... But I wouldn't think of hanging a full size 8611 on 3/4 or 1 ton.
  11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

x2! I think it's to heavy.
  12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would have them switch it out and have them knock off $500 for there mix up and the inconvience they caused you. I had a few scratches on my XLS when I took delivery and they knocked off $250 and sent me a can of touch up paint. Took me a couple of minutes to touch up the spots and I have $250 back in my pocket. If they dont take the money off tell them you dont want the truck at all. That will get things done real quick. Like my friend always says, "There is always an opportunity to be had in everything you do, it is just taking advantage of the opportunity when it is given". Take this opportunity and use it to your advantage is my advice.
  13. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have a 8611 on a F450 and its plenty heavy for it. A f350 is not going to handle the weight.
  14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Who installed the plow? A Ford dealer or a Blizzard plow dealer? If it was the Ford dealer, what the heck are they doing installing a plow. I thought that usually went to upfitters for that.
  15. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

And if Ford did then let them take care of things for you plus I'd get a few things for all your troubles. Dealers are such morons sometimes what in Gods name were they thinkin.

Bob :D :D
  16. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'd go for the PH1 8611LP if you could find one for the interchange ability, even if you had to go for a gently used one. I know of at least one 4 sale.