1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help...what type of plow is it?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by djslcfr, Aug 7, 2009.

1. djslcfr

djslcfr Junior Member

I found this plow on Ebay and I can't figure out what model plow it is. I asked the seller for the model number and he can't find it for me. If anyone can tell from the pics, please let me know. Thanks

!B(ySJyg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLmbku,BKeGfZQi2w~~_12.jpg

!B(ySbowB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmS1ctBKeGgREPG!~~_12.jpg

!B(yR5LQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLmIUKBBKeGegiMjQ~~_35.jpg

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's a Minute Mount 2 with the Insta Act pump. Looks like a 7 footer or a 6 1/2 from the pics. What truck is it going on? How much did you get it for?

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

4. BigDave12768

tell him to take the fence posts off the back of it and take picture you see it only has to 2 trip springs. its a good drive way plow for a Dakota or 1/2ton with a real weak front end.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It would go nice on a Dakota. It's kind of small for a full size truck. Unless you are only plowing your own driveway and don't care.

6. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

Sharp plow, would have been perfect for my truck instead of the one I have now.

7. djslcfr

djslcfr Junior Member

Thanks

Wow...lots of information in a short amount of time. I have not bought it yet because I wasn't sure it would fit my truck. I have a 06 F150 Supercab with the 5.4 V8. The price is 1500.00 for the set up but I would also have to buy the vehicle mount and wiring harness for my truck. The seller said this plow came off a 97 F150, so I am sure the mount and harness are different. Any additional advice on this would be great. THANKS

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The mounts will be different I'm betting. That would go good on your truck except when you angle it. The wheels will probably be in the snow unless you put some wings on it. I think $1500 is just a tad high for plow only. You are looking at at least another $1000 for all the truck side stuff unless you piece it together like I did for cheap.

9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

it looks like the hose for the driver side piston is routed in correctly...... there is NO play in that picture there, it looks tooo snug.....I wonder why the owner didn't correclty drop the plow when he took it off his truck, it looks like the plow was just dropped there....and it looks like it'll be in need of a replacement cutting bar, this one already has the trade mark smiley face on it. I think it's a poly cutting edge on this one.....

edit.... upon further inspection,,, it looks like those two guys in the background moved the plow 9- degrees from where it was originally, you can oalmost see the outline in the driveway, i mean why would someone out the plow and "drop" it perpendicular to the driveway anyways. I bet they used those fence posts to muscle it around.....which explains why the plow frame is on the ground, and the other guy is standing above the plow ears...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  10. BigDave12768

The wiring harness should work on your F150 unless you have Daytime running lights. Which don think you do. So you would just need the mounts. You shouldnt be in snow since its a 7.6 and would work nice for you truck. I doubt that plow will hit 1800 like he wants. So keep an eye on it and try to steal it last day

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

With a supercab I would consider wings for this of you plan any serious plowing. What front axle do you have? They configure F150s so many differant ways they can be limited to a snowbear or capable of carrying a 8ft commercial. It depends on the front axle.

12. BigDave12768

Yeah Super cab on a f150 how big is the bed 5ft? keeep in mind they are bit narrower than a full size also. PLus he really cant go any bigger

13. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

This is a Fisher MM2 with a "LD" blade, I'd be willing to bet it's a 7.5' model. The plow was designed for the true 1/2 ton crowd or the full size SUV's . They never really caught on back in 01,02 ? or when they were introduced, Too bad, inmho they are pretty much what is needed for today's 1/2 ton model trucks.

14. BigDave12768

its listed as a 7.6 in the Ebay add. I am sure they are the same SD and LD just changed model names along way. But wouldnt that be like a 06 SD

http://www.fisherplows.com/modeldetail.asp?model=sd

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's at least a half dozen Superduty Fords with those things on them.