1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! What replacement A-frame do I need?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by IowaBoy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Junior Member

I have a complete ST 7.5 EZ Mount Classic on my 1999 Chevy K2500 crewcab (this is the old Chevy body style like the 1998 and prior trucks). My A-frame is bent, torn, and overall in bad shape and I don't trust it anymore. I need a replacement. The sides where the handles are measure approximately 40-41 inches from king pin hole to truck mount hole. The Meyer dealers I've talked to tell me I need part # 13612 A-frame but I'm concerned as that part number is listed as having a measurement of only 34 1/4. Is this really the right A frame for my set up or is there another part number I should be looking for?

I'm concerned that if I go shorter, I may issues with the plow rubbing on my bumper when it is fully angled to either side

This set up came off a 1996 or so K3500 about 4 years ago and bolted right up to my K2500. I've been using it ever since without any proiblem.

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The 13612 A-frame is used on all Classic mounted ST 7.5 plows.

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

13612 is the short " EZ Mount " A frame, 11 X 34 X 23.5

13306 is the Conventional A frame , 11 X 38 X 23.5

13306 is 4" longer to accomidate the mount being back further under the truck on the earlier models.

HTH

TOM

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Junior Member

Exactly what I was needing (and thought but was unable to confirm). Thanks!!