1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP!!! Western Pro Flo 2 speed control box

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 13, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

I got this peice of crap control box from the individual I purchased the spreader from. The spreader is fine. The control box he says he bought used from Ebay and never actually used it with the spreader but did hook power to it and got the indicator LED's to come on... I cannot even get the lights to come on. I took it apart, replaced the power relay. One wire was unhooked from a terminal I can't remember which wire or where it was unhooked but I'm halfway decent with electrical stuff, cannot figure out circuits extremely well but i can fumble through it better than some people. I have checked things every which way with the meter, tried hooking up wires differently, looked up the wiring harness diagram on the western website, but i can't find any info on the wiring for inside the box. all my wires are getting continuity from the inside of the box to the outside so i know thats not the problem. I just can't get the peice of crap to work and i'm getting very frustrated with it. i felt i got a good deal on the spreader but this is very aggravating as I need to use the thing this winter. i put a off/on switch to temporarily use the spreader but its not a good solution. i hate buying used JUNK because you never know what you are getting into. this makes me mad i need to take a break from it but i don't have time!!!

If anyone could please please please please help me, i could sure appreciate it!!! if you can please take the cover off of your spreader control box and take a good clear large close up picture of the inside where all the wires hook up to I would surely appreicate it more than words can say. seems like i have it right but still not getting anything!!!!! arrghh!!!!!!!!!!

and the western wiring harness diagram on the website didn't seem like quite the right one. i'm ready to just take it to a shop and have them fix it or figure it out but i'm afraid they'll end up charging a couple hundred bucks on it and its not worth that to me i could go buy another one... and i think the price for these is ridiculous for what it is too.. this is about $4.23 worth of product in the mass manufacturing world! $50 is about right for MSRP on this thing, $279 is ridiculously ludicrous..... its right up there with rape..

Thanks for any help
    Eric

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Nevermind I got it fixed! I was unscrewing the circuit board from the case to turn it over and inspect it when Dad walks through the door he is a little better at electronics than me (ok a lot better LOL) so i had him check it out he found a little "solder run" as he calls it, a little copper strip that transfers electricity from point A to point B. it was on the bottom of the board right where I was beginning to look. He and I soldered a wire on there to fix it, I guess it blew up like a fusible link when I mis placed a wire. But she breaths life now!!!!!!

Thanks anyways guys! :waving: