1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help ( warren Tailgate/Dump body spreader)

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mean4x4, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

We have a warren dump body spreader with a single spinner. It works OKAY, but I noticed that I'm not getting the correct spread that I need. Its very narrow and and just not smooth. I know this sounds like a wierd question but is there any " tips " you can give me? I was thinking about taking off the deflector on the spinner, would this help? ( We have a rubber mat protecting the underside of the dump)

2. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

Try placing the middle of the spinner directly under the outlet also what speeds are the auger and spinner set at

3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

with mine, it needs to be to the left side (Facing forward looking to front of the truck) of the spinner. This gives the widest spread.

When it lands on the middle, it tends to hit more of the back of the truck and a narrower spread.

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

driver or passenger side?

5. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

driver

I finally got it figured out, I cut off 1/2 the deflector and moved the spinner over to the right a little bit and got it tweaked to land a solid 30 ft spread at idle. Thanks