1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help vibrator wont work on spreader

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by snorider075, Dec 8, 2011.

1. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

I have a vee pro 8000 and the switch was dead for the vibrator. I replaced the switch and worked great. Now I go to use it and the switch blinks and beeps at me. What are your fellas thoughts or/and expirences with this? How long would a vibrator last? Its an 05 or 06

2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

While the switch is on goto the

back and wiggleboth the connectors, had similiar issue with mine, and it landed up being a poor connection.

Good luck.

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I will have to ask my wife, not sure how long one will last, was it abused.

4. snorider075

tried no go.

5. snorider075

I was waiting for that type of response. lol.

6. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

what I would do first is unplug the vib at the salter and run a power and ground just to see if the vibrator works
    On another note, Have you ever had a problem with bulk salt not sliding down the hopper toward the auger? I have the same salter and last season was my first time using it , the auger would clear every thing on top of it but I would have to take a shovel and pull it toward the back of the hopper. The vibrator didn't seem to make much of a difference unless the hopper was almost empty

7. snorider075

Yea had to do that this morning spread shovel spread shovel. ugh. Thinking about adding second vib towards the front.

8. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

that's what I was thinking, snowex mounts the second vibrator on the back under the tail light as part of the optimal flow kit but I don't think that would help. I wounder if that's why they stopped making the v pro 8000