1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help trying to put together a plow setup

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by clp94, Dec 8, 2014.

1. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

hello all,Im looking to install a mm2 plow on my f250. Bought a "complete" truck side wiring kit for my truck through craigslist but im questioning how complete it is now. I only have one big plug that sits at the front of the truck to plug into the plow, i cant find a place on any harnesses to plug into a controller,and i dont see any sort of way to connect battery power to the iso module. its a 4 port module but i only have 3 harnesses, is this right or am i missing something?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I say missing something for sure. If not a few somethings....try fishers website, library and search Iso wiring. Or westerns website for the same thing.

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

4. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

yeah that diagram confirms what I think happened, i have no battery harness. are all battery harnesses the same? diagram also shows a vehicle control harness that enters the cab with a red wire that goes to switched power,i dont see that in the harnesses i have. and also some sort of adapter that plugs into the 1st port of iso module..do i need that adapter?

5. dodgegmc1213

Need 5 harness.
    battery harness that goes to plow, ground goes to battery positive goes to solenoid
    long light harness goes to passenger headlight and plugs into 4th port in module
    short light harness goes to driver head light and plugs into 3rd port
    light harness that plugs into the plow, should be 11 pin pligs into 2nd port
    control harness that goes to the plow, 3 pin for straight blade, 7 for v blade, wires to the solenoid and also goes into truck for controller, plugs into 1st port
    Wire runs from positive side of the battery to the solenoid

6. RWS81

RWS81 Junior Member

What town did you buy the set up from?

7. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

it was listed under bridgewater bought pushplates and supposively all truck side for 600$. was a good deal til i just found out im missing a 240 dollar harness

8. dodgegmc1213

Yea that sucks

9. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

have a question I hope someone could answer,Im still missing some wiring but I think I found what Im looking for minus the solenoid. the part numbers on the harnesses Im looking at buying are 26345 and 63411, is this what I need?

10. dodgegmc1213

if your missing the control harness and battery cable harness then yes that's what you need

11. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

Alright,Ive got all of the missing pieces now, everything is in truck wired up my only issue Im having is I have basically no low beam operation when everything is plugged in. the passengers low beam will flicker and go out but will not illuminate and the drivers side just does not illuminate at all. The truck has HID headlights in it right now, do the ballasts that run the HID lamps interfere with normal operation on these iso modules? I also keep seeing something about a common ground being reversed on some applications,does this apply to my truck? You guys have been a great help so far and I really appreciate it,thankyou.

12. dodgegmc1213

13. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

their is no plow on the truck right now its just the truck headlights that are not working,but do you think its the same principle? I dont know if its the fact that the lights dont have enough juice to light off with the added resistance and need capacitors to help,or if its a wiring or isolation module issue. ill buy the capacitors and try them since theyre only 10 bucks Im sure it cant hurt.

14. dodgegmc1213

Yea throw them in and take it from there. Did you have the hids in the truck before you did the plow harness? If so and they worked before then it could be something with the plow harness.

15. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

Yeah Ive had the HID's in the truck for about 7 months now working perfect. If you unplug the light harnesses for iso module and plug everything back in to normal configuration the lights work fine.

16. dodgegmc1213

Did the lights work on the plow?

17. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

No idea yet we havent got a plow to test it on. supposedly picking up a mm2 for 1500 this week so we'll see.

18. dodgegmc1213

Yea I would see if the plow lights work if so then just throw those capacitor and hopefully everything works.

19. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

alright I took a new pair of H13 halogen bulbs and plugged them into the harness plug in,only the passenger side light works,when you go to high beam both lights come on high beam,return to low beam only passengers side is illuminated. So I have another issue going on. what does this symptom normally indicate? bad isolation module? bad harness adapters? bad ground? thanks in advance.

20. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you actually hooking it up to a plow right now, or are you "rigging" it up