1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help trying to bid a fast food lot...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MotownMowers, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MotownMowers

MotownMowers Junior Member

Hi all, im new here, first timer, yay!
    anyways, I was hoping that y'all may be able to help me out with the bid for a former client that i used to work for before i decided to try running my own business... anyways, its 108 spots, on 1.45 acres with probably half or so being the building... theres a drivethru and 4 handicapped spaces that will need to be salted as well as the drive thru area. everything else can be pushed into an area of 18 spots or along the back of the lot by a hill... its alot similar to a typical McDonalds or Burger King parking lot...
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.. and the manager in charge of outdoor maintenance told me that hes had bids between $2500-3000 for the season which i think he may be just trying to get me to be super cheap.. also was thinking of trying to do by the push as well, in my mind i was thinking $150 per push plus like 80-100 for salting.. bvut ive never done this before thats why i need help Thumbs Up

thanks for your help!!!
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

That dont sound unreasonable for per push, even though I have no idea what the property looks like. Atleast your not saying $40 or $60 lol As for seasonal, how many events do you average in a year?
  3. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Seems extremely low but again different markets. I price small office buildings with 10 parking spots in that price range.
  4. MotownMowers

MotownMowers Junior Member

BC Handyman - im planning on no more than 10/12 events, last year we had 2, the year before that was 9... it really doesnt snow a whole lot around here anymore =/ hoping for at least 15 this year but i think we all are =)
    thanks for the help!