1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP trouble shooting Fenner/Sno-way won't power angle right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrfairlane, Dec 4, 2010.

1. mrfairlane

mrfairlane Junior Member

I'm in a jam with my Snoway. It has the Fenner pump with power left, right, and up, but gravity down.

I just took this plow off in working condition from one truck, then cleaned and painted it for reinstall on another. When I put it on the second truck, the plow works well up and down, and it turns left, but won't go back right. When I push the switch right the plow also goes up?????

I didn't change any of the wiring from one truck to the other. The control unplugged, and the plow unplugged as well. All I had to rewire was the hot and grounds. It was very simple, and I really don't think anything is wired wrong. I didn't touch any of the switch wiring.

So moving forward I think its a valve/solenoid problem? I tried swapping the R.S and L.S solenoid from side to side hoping the problem would follow. It would not. Still no right angle.

When I painted the plow I flipped it upside down and painted the underside with the power unit still on it. Could I have created a problem with the hydraulics doing this??

I'm lost and REALLY appreciate any advice ASAP..

Thanks a TON in advance,
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

using a test light see if the coil for right is getting power. if no, figure out why. if yes, you have a sticky valve more than likely.
  3. mrfairlane

mrfairlane Junior Member

Thanks no-lead

I will check for power w/ a multimeter tomorrow..
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707