1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help to identify fram mounts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Stan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I have 2 frame mounts that came off a Dodge and Ford. The main center mounts look identical with the exception of bolt on support brackets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Both are up for sale once I know what they fit.

IMG00332.jpg

IMG00333.jpg

IMG00334.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're both 94-02 Dodge full size, you're simply missing the rear thrust arms for the one unless you do have them. Can't tell if they're 1500/2500 or 3500 (only differ by length) but they're not for a Sport....and definitely not for a Ford either.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Everything pictured is for a 94 -02 dodge. Do you have the rest of the pieces?

4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i have 2 dodge support brackets that are new if you need them for it.:mechanic:

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks all for the input. Was told one was a Ford but guess not. I'm just looking to get rid of them. What are they worth? Anyone interested?

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

All I have is what you see. Are the headlight modules interchangeable to a non-composite (2 light glass) Chevy? I see the blue plugs are differant

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Are the 1500-2500 the same and the 3500 different?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're only different in their height from the frame to the attaching tabs to account for the added ride height of the 2500/3500. So technically they're all the same on the truck frame attaching end however if you use a 2500/3500 mount on a stock height 1500 it will be too low (too close to the ground for proper A-frame height).

9. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Your worth your weight in gold! Would I be able to use these relays for saber lights by simply changing the wire harness?

saber relay.jpg

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Here's the trk:

IMG_1171 (Small).JPG

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You could but there's no need if you're installing them on the Uni in the pic, simply splice the new lights directly into the existing plow side harness. Simple enough.

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Getting rid of the Western. I have 5 other trucks with Meyers along with spare pumps and inventory. Be best to keep all the same.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it's the truck you wish to use them on. Sure you can do that, just need the correct headlamp adapters.

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I kind of thought so. they look different on my '94 K blazer. By chance do you happen to know the Meyer part numbers for complete harness from lights to cab?

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you have most of it (assuming it's in good shape) so you just need the adapter harness's for the 2B1 style truck lights, which are Meyer p/n 07180.

16. Stan

Stan Senior Member

When I remove the Western set up, everything will be removed as I want to sell as a complete unit. When I attach the Meyer frame, classic hoop, etc I will need to complete the light circuit. I will need everything including the toggle.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wasn't including the Western stuff Stan. I can see in your pic of the Meyer module both the B and C harness's are there, thus the only thing you need will be the truck specific light adapters that will go in the A port. Then the only other needed things will be a length of wire run into the cab from the modules and just any generic toggle switch and a fuse holder to power it. Probably have all that laying around the shop already but if not can be purchased at any parts store for a few dollars.

18. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Is there a link for a schematic to wire the parking/turn signals?
    I'm heading out to N.Jersey early in the am to pickup the frame mount and some other stuff. Supposedly he has a wire harness (toggle type) to the pump but need to evaluate. By chance do you have any laying around? preferably for the touch pad controller bu I do have a pigtail adapter.

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Watch for an email Stan. :salute:

20. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks Mike
    Here's my 2nd best tool:

meyer test stand.jpg