1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help throttle control Air FLo with a Briggs

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by daninline, Nov 25, 2006.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Ok I hope someone can help be out here I just picked up a Air Flo 8 foot V bos spreader right now I'm fixing it up it's not too bad just little things here and there and for 240 bucks I think I did good I'l post a pic later.

Right now the big issue I'm working on is they took off the electric throttle control and I don't know if there are any pieces missing to it.
    I have a 8 hp briggs setup.
    Anyone have a used one for sale or even a bad one so I can check for missing parts and check if it will fit the motor.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I have had 2 Air flows and a buyers, all of the throttle motors were the same. All of the bearings and chutes, chains, gear boxes, clutch I think too are the same as buyers. The throttle motor is on this page http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/p36.pg

That just screws on the side of the engine and should come with the little plastic piece that hooks it to the throttle lever. Then the wires going to it from the switch just give it 12v and ground for one direction and when you switch it the other direction it gives 12v where the ground was and ground where the 12v was before. The switch is also on that same page if you are missing that too. If you have any other questions about the spreader you can pm me. I completely rebuilt one last year and got all the parts right there so you should be set.
  3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I do have the switch box for it I just need the throttle controler so I will take a look.
    I think a small dc servo would do the job.