1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help stiffenning up the front suspension on a ram 3500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cl733, Nov 29, 2013.

1. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Am about to hang a 810 on a ram 3500 and was wondering if there was an air bag set up to help stiffen the front suspension up , I have found kits made by , AirCell, Work-rite,timbren, and sumo, and they all use a urethane bumper, but is there an air set up out there , or any thing else one can do

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

it will benefit you more If you put down the year

3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Its a 2008

4. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Check out this site:
    http://tuftruck.com/products/dodge/

Talk with Randy over the phone for a quote. 1-800-667-6167. He was quick about everything, which I really appreciate.

I bought front end HD springs for my '01 2500 about a month ago. I went with the TTC-1216's (Heavy duty with 2-2.5" lift) to level out my truck and match the rear end height. (i have extra leaves in the rear) The springs are way more heavy duty then the stock! I had them installed by a local shop and was out about $500 total. That truck holds a 9' Hiniker C plow and maybe drops an inch when its picked up.

5. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Wish I would have done something like that in the first place, but I have already added a 2 inch leveling kit, and was hoping I could find something to work with what I had

6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Go with the 988 ( last 3 digits of the part number)series front spring from dodge. I installed them on my 04 to work with my 9.2 VXT and I am pleased with them. They are the heaviest dodge offers. They didn't raise my truck so I think they will work with a leveling kit.

7. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

I havent got my mount kit on this truck even yet,im still using my older one so i still have some time, the truck i want to put it on is a trx/offroad, i had read somewhere that the off road package used a stiffer spring in the front,true or not im not sure,i know it sure rides like its something stiffer than it should be, but your advice will surely make me look into that

8. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

You don't have to get leveling springs like I did if you want to keep your existing 2" leveling kit in place.
    Theres also an HD stock replacement spring that's like $80 less then what I paid for the 2" lifting HD ones.

You could also get those airbags that replace the shocks and fill the space inside of the springs, but I hear that they really don't add that much weight capacity and sound like just as much work to install as new springs. Just my $.02 though.

9. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Seen those air bag shocks, and was looking for a listing on those coil rite bags that fit in the springs but couldn't find the listing as the coil rite site was locked up,it would be the simplest to just put on a firestone bag that could be de flated when not required