1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help starting a business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kevinwebster1, Aug 15, 2006.

1. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

I do lawn and landscape during the summer and want to start plowin in the winter. Im just trying to find out what it is i will need to get off the ground. ive already got an F-350, just need the plow, what kind of plow should i get? I know thats all based off of what kind of accounts you have. i plan on doing both res. and commercial. Is there a certain type of insurance i need for plowing? Ive already got insurance on the lawn n scape business. would that all fall in the same category? It doesnt snow but maybe 5 times a year here so i want to have booked nights so i can actually pay off the plow and other equipment. What about salt? should i offer that too? How would i go about getting commercial accounts? that is what i would preffer. more money...and only one person to deal with (usually one person). same as in the lawn n scape industry. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone here was willing to take the time to answer my million questions.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

Hey Mick thanks a lot for that link. i tried some searching for a while but wasn't pulling up what i wanted. ive already had some of my questions answered. thanks again