1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Replying to Threads

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Eyesell, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

If I'm replying to a thread and want to reply, I noticed you can "quote" someone else. I can't figure that out.. right now I re-type every word and it's a pain in the butt !!!

Also, how can I put a link to another thread on this site for someone in my reply, if I was referring to a previously discussed thread or post. I notice that the links are usually in blue, how do you do that?

And oh, by the way I posted this in the correct forum, it was viewed many times but no one responded.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated..

2003 F250 Crew Cab
    V10
    Boss Superduty Straight Blade

And oh yes for summer fun " 72 Chevelle Super Sport, Supercharged 454"
    2003 Yamaha WR450

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-08-2003 12:16 PM

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

It was in support and announcements.

3. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Like this?:D

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

JK! lol
    On the right side, look just above the "post reply" button. There is a smaller one that says "quote" Now look up a couple replys , see it in the same spot?
    Not trying to be a smartass. (much) I am used to a different set-up and it took me a bit to find everything I wanted too!:rolleyes:

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Lets if if this works, if it does thanks for the help

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

allright, now how do you put a link into your reply ??

thanks phoenix

7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Click on the post reply. Then look above the box you are typing your reply in there is a little box that says http:// click it and enter the text you want displayed and hit ok then type or cut and past the link and hit ok.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Click post reply. Above the reply box there is a small box that says "http://" click it. In the first pop-up box type "Plowsite" and then click OK. In the second pop-up box type "http://www.plowsite.com and hit OK. It will turn out like this -> Plowsite

10. windmill

windmill Senior Member

I think there are some places that are "verboten", "forbidden", not to be seen by the naked eyes and are therefor replaced by ****** so that no one can access these "bad" sites as they make be in conflict to/ better than/worse than this one. We can't decide that for ourselves. The contract one you are trying to link to may be one of those sites.