1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help removing 22

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MaineMike, Nov 10, 2006.

1. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Hi there -

I just purchased a Sno-Way 22 today and everything seems great. I really liked the dealer I worked with, although they are three hours drive away.

Although the dealer and a mechanic went through a demo with me, removing and mounting the plow, I knew there'd be something I'd forget once I got home.

Alas....I can't seem to remove the 22 from my 4Runner. I'm sure it's something I'm missing. But here's what I did:

Parked car.
    Lowered plow.
    Pulled out side pins.
    Lowered jack stand.
    Disconnected cables.
    Tried to back up. But the plow wants to come with me so I immediately stop. I can't back out of the plow.

Any tips? I'm looking through the manual but it's completely dark outside now so I guess this will have to wait until morning. I don't know if the 22 is actually mounted, halfway unmounted or what, so I'm not driving my 4Runner anywhere.

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

If it is a new model you hook the controller to the front or where ever they placed the plug and it detaches itself from the truck by pushing the remote pad.But I am not positive about that model.If that doesn't help you hang tight one of the other Sno Way professionals will see this post soon and answer that question quick.I was just giving you another option to check.

RCGM
    Brad

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Yes if I understand there web site correctly that is how you unmount it.Did you get wireless?You have to leave the power hooked up to plow lower the paw pull the side levers and I believe you push the down button and it will take itself right of the truck for you.

RCGM
    Brad

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

missed a step

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

MaineMike,

Basher is correct, you missed a step. After disengaging the pins and lowering the jackstand you need to press the raise function on the control to lift the a-frame out of the subframe on the truck. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business. If we can assist you in any way let us know.

6. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Basher & Toby - many thanks.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning and report back.

7. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Thanks Brad -
    Yes, I have the wireless control.

8. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Got it!

Just an update.

I was able to remove the 22 with no problems this morning. Thanks guys.

In case this helps anyone else: the problem I had was that the jackstand wasn't locked completely vertically, so it would "fold" under whenever I tried to lower the plow. I couldn't quite see this in my dark driveway, even though I had a flashlight.

But the other thing that threw me for a loop was that the mechanic who installed the plow instructed me to use the downpressure as a last step to lift the frame and pins from the j-hooks before undoing the cables and backing away.

The manual (as well as members of this thread) advised me to push the UP button on the remote to raise the frame and pins. And that is what worked for me.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

MaineMike,

I am glad that we could help.

10. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Wait for snow

I don't know what I'd do without this site, but my dealer did respond to my problem as well.
    They are a good outfit (Cocheco Equipment) based in Rochester, New Hampshire.

Hopefully we'll get a Sno-Way dealer in Maine. There must be a market for it up here.
    I can tell you that driving home to Maine from New Hampshire with the plow mounted on the 4Runner.....well, it certainly turned a lot of heads.

Folks (mostly younger fellas) were oggling the plow and I think that is because 1) a Toyota 4Runner with a large looking plow rig on the front: something you don't see every day
    and
    2) the plow itself stands out with the clear polycarbonate. I'll post some photos at some point, but I think the plow looks really sharp with my silver 4Runner.
    Even the dealer took photos for his website.

We didn't have any snow to speak of last year, but hopefully that will not be the case this winter and I'm sure I'll have people approaching me with questions/comments about the plow.