1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! Problem With Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by esshakim, Dec 3, 2005.

1. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

i have a boss v 8.2 plow, currently its snowing in michigan, and i was hooking my plow up getting ready for tomorrow, and the motor when it is hooked up to the truck continues to makea noise and it doesnt sound good. its not the celenoid does anyone have any feed back if so please email me or respond to this post esshaki@comcast.net

2. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Is the plow functioning at all. Lifting, turning?

3. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

yeh its moving all 8 ways, but it is making a noise once hooked up to the car when i move the plow any which way, it doesnt make the noise but when it gets into position the noise starts again

4. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

really could use a hand dealer is closed tomorrow, and i need to be out plowing tomorrow

5. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

What kind of noise is it making? Kind of hard without hearing it or seeing it.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

You hooked it to the car? Theres your problem. lol

Seriously though.....check pump fluids and such is all I can recommend at this stage.

7. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

I have checked all the pump fluied, i changed the celenoid
    thinking there was something wrong with it turns out there
    was nothing wrong at all with the celenoid. After hooking my
    my v plow to truck it hooks up correctly and everything,
    just the motor continues to run and its not stopping at all.
    There was a spark when i was hooking it up, i thought it might
    be the ground i took a look at that everything seemed fine,
    but i could be wrong, if any body has any idea wut it could be
    please let me know asap, thx alot.

8. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

just a guess try un hooking your controler and see if it still runs sounds like its getting power all the time.

9. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

after unhooking the controller, the motor stops, and when u turn the controller off the motor stops, any suggestions on wut this problem could be

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sounds like the controller, Unplug it and take it inside and clean it. They don't like to have (your favorite beverage) spilled on them or any dirt. you can remove the screws and carefully pull it apart and spray it clean with some electrical contact cleaner ( you can get the stuff almost any where).

11. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

cleaned the controller, and its not that the motor is still running, thanks to everyone for their responses its helping alot getting me closer to fixing the problem. Keep in mind that this is a brand new setup and hasnt even touched snow yet.

12. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

did you try it when you picked it up from the dealer? sounds like the controller is bad or wired wrong? try another controller if you have or can borrow one. if it still does it it's wired wrong. good luck randy

13. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Never mind:waving: I didn't know it was new!!!

There really is not much to hook up any more with a new plow all you do is hook up power leads and grounds and mount a solenoid. Cheek your plug, unplug it and look in side are the pins straight and make sure it is plugged in tight. Cheek the connections at the solenoid. then cheek the looming for your controller through the fire wall to the controller for any cuts and any loose connectors. If this does not fix it take the cover off of the pump and cheek the connections there. Be careful not to drop the plow on your foot. lol
    Or,,do you know the name of the guy that owns the shop you bought your plow from? I would look him up and tell him your new plow does not work right and you need it to work right as you have to make a living too. He already has your money. service ??Warranty??

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  14. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

checked out the connections at the pump and the plows motor is still making the noise. Seriously dont know wut to do. all ready called my dealer and told them i want a new plow and im returning this one. since it hasnt touch a storm yet or been used. I have 45 pissed off accounts that want their snow done, currently trying to get ahold of a backup drive who is out doing his own accounts. I appreciate the help if anyone else has an idea of what might be wrong please inform me thx

15. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Your telling me the guy that you got the plow from after paying $$$
    he won't meet you at his shop and fix it today??

What happened in taking some pride in what you do???
    I guess you can't get any service any more..:realmad:

16. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

tried getting ahold of the dealer, and that didnt work, ive made several attempts to contact other plow companies in the area, i even approaced several drivers and no body can determine wut the hell is wrong with this plow.

17. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Don't call the dealer there probably closed, call the guy that sold you the plow?
    Do you know his name, did you get his card? Look him up at his home # and call him and have him fix it!!!

18. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

i know his name and just can get ahold of him at home i left a message

19. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Keep trying.(calling him).... good luck.. hopefully someone else on here can help you.. Have you gone to Boss web site and look at there troubleshooting chart?

20. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

been to the boss site, i made my own guess on wuts wrong im thinking its electrical and has something to do with the motor, bc when the remote control is on the motor continues to make a noise that its not suppose to be making. now i just have to figure out how to fix this problem, i