1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help pricing for a new lot...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Westerndrifter, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Westerndrifter

Westerndrifter Junior Member

I was approached by a company here in the Philadelphia area who wants my company to do a 24 hour facility located in the city. They are looking for one plow truck and one of our mini track loaders (Bobcat mt 55) They also want us to salt the property. A good average of salt applied per application would be around 3.5 to 4 tons of salt. The property is 3 acres. What would you expect per hour rates for the truck/bobcat would be and what would you charge to apply the salt? Thank you in advance

2. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

truck- $50
    bobcat-$75
    Salt (depends what your are buying it for) around $170 per ton

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I dont know your rates in your area, but for a 3 acre property that is a lot of salt per acre. A little overkill IMO. But if they want to pay it then I would oblige. Good Luck.

4. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i agree with the tonnage being high but if they are paying per ton go for it

5. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Use this for figuring your salting. lbs x 16 (16oz. per lbs) Then take the total cost you pay for salt and divided it by the ounces you will need. Then times that number by 3 IE you have a 100lbs of salt( just for example purposes) so 100x16=1600 say its 1.5 per lbs your cost so you have $150 into the salt. that comes out .09 per ounce now times that by 3 because that will account for your gas, wear and tear etc. so .09 x 3 = .27 per ounce. make sense so far? so in order to be profitable you will charge .27 an ounce based on this example so if its a 100 lbs applied then you will make 432.00 - 150.00 = 282.00