1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help pricing driveway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by AndyTblc, Nov 13, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Ok, I need help pricing this driveway, I've never done anything this big, and the lady wants a price, it's 7.4 miles from my house. So a little help would be appreciated, I kind of have an idea, but I want to know what you guys would charge, it's the really long drive with a curve.
  2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

It may be long but quite easy is blowing snow a problem it looks wide open there and will a single push be enough if not could be big bucks.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I don't do gravel/grass. But if I did it would be 80.00 ( that includes concrete pad ).
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

100 bucks.
  5. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

100.00 One swipe going in clean the pad and one swipe going out
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Jeez, I'm the lowballer today!! :laughing:
  7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I bet it goes for between $50 and $70 a push.
  8. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

I have 1 thats about 900 feet plus a 30 X 70 ft. area for cars. I do it for $130 a push with a 4 inch trigger.
  9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nah, your not a lowballer. It's the market. I do an easy one like that for $80. Most it takes me is 45 mins during a big storm. I also came back and did a cleanup because it blew like crazy, for an additional $50-$60. That's where the easy money is. Spend 10-15mins there cleaning up.
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

1pass in...clean up the pad and 1 pass out.
    The drifting may be a thing to worry about.
  11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I do a few radio towers that are 1/2 mile long, I angle the plow drop it drive to the end turn around drop the plow and drive out $100.00.
  12. UnderhillSC

UnderhillSC Junior Member

I'd go $125 a plow

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

that would go for 100-125 in my part of CT.
  14. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Keep in mind this is Michigan so if your to high, your not plowing ..I'd say $75
  15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Exactly, I don't want to go to low, but not to high, I want the job, I have to talk to her yet, I have just seen the driveway, I haven't got a chance to talk about it, my insurance agent told me about her, so we will see, but thanks for the price ideas.
  16. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i would say $80-90.00 , and is there any markers for the first time in, if the first time in is 6 or more inches, you may need them
  17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

$75 would be my bid. looks real easy. May seem cheap to some but around here there is now way I could get a drive like that for $100+
  18. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Alright, well I got that bid sent out and waiting for her to respond, my ex-girl friends step dad wants me to plow his shops parking lot. I have never bid a parking lot, and with this bid includes the driveway, I can take care of the driveway price, but the parking lot price, those with greater knowledge than I will have a better idea. I cut down the picture past the scale, but 1 inch is 25 feet.
    They put an addition on to the side of their building and paved the parking lot, so everything in the red outline is paved. And there isn't all the crap tires in the parking lot either.
  19. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

bump.....I need a little help. I'm going down to talk to the guy here in a couple hours.
  20. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Is that due to Michigan's drug testing laws? :laughing::laughing: