1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help pricing a commercial parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by simply green, Feb 10, 2005.

1. simply green

simply green Junior Member

I am pretty new to the plowing business, doing a few driveways only. However I have been in the lawn and landscape business for 10 years. An existing commercial lawn and landscape maintenance customer of mine recently got rid of the plow company that she was using for being unreliable and hard to get in touch with. She offered the snow plowing to me, so now I need to figure out a fair price. I don't have to bid on it, I just have to let her know what I will charge.

The parking lot is as easy as can be. It is approx. 29,000 sqft rectangle, flat, no curbs or islands/obstacles. The black top is higher than the surrounding grass so the snow can be easily pushed off the parking lot. Also, there is a sidewalk 140'l x 4'w.

I will most likely go with the inch method of
    up to 4" = xxx.xx
    4.1" to 8" = xxx.xx
    8.1" to 12" = xxx.xxx
    over 12" = 12" price + xx.xx per/inch over 12"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

That would be a 30 minute job. I would get $75 per trip. Plus maybe $20 for the side walk.

3. simply green

simply green Junior Member

You say per trip. Does that mean that you would price it per push?

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Yes. It all depends on the amount of snow you get in your area per storm event. Ours are usually 1 to 5 inches. So I charge a flat rate per event. If you get alot of the 8 inch plus storms I would price accordingly.