1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help! plow won't move. stuck on truck

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by coolinthewoods, Mar 26, 2009.

1. coolinthewoods

coolinthewoods Junior Member
    from Alaska

It has power, you can here the motor buzzing when any switch is being moved. At first it would only move up and angle away from the driver side, wings would work as well. now nothing moves. I don't understand what to do. please help. ps im not a electical person, so please be kind. Thanks Jesse
  2. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

anybody? please
  3. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

1. Check the big black plug connection out front make sure it is all the way in if not clean the terminals. grease and put back together.
    2. Next pull the cover off and make sure red wires are not cut going to the black solenoids.

Sounds to me that the plug is not making contact or the harness has shorted out in the black mold. Check this first.
  4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

As recommended I would start with your plug. It could also be a coil acting up. I would start checking at what ever function first acted up. Your motor can still run even if the valve is not opening. If you did have a short in a coil the inline fuse on the trigger wire to the controler will usually blow. That could be why everything is now dead. Just a couple things to look at for now.

Good luck, shaun
  5. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

Found the problem. It was the smaller plug under the black cover under the valve body. It came unpluged. I fell a little silly but the plow was on full extend and my local police don't like seeing my blade 10 feet wide going threw down town. Found the problem at lunch so Im good to go. Thanks all!