1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help plow wont hold angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cherokeeman01, Dec 17, 2009.

1. cherokeeman01

cherokeeman01 Junior Member

hello,have been reading site for about 6 months and just became a member.have a 01 cherokee that i put a meyers plow on.bought plow off friend that moved to florida.He had it on a older s10.i found a cherokee mount and wiring harness on craigs list.and made my own pump mount.(welder by trade)Turned out nice i think!would post pics but dont know how yet!!! Anyhow,it has a e47 pump that up till today just got it to angle right by itself after going thru to make sure c valve and coil worked,they did.pulled cross over apart and the 2 o rings at bottom were bad,replaced them still wouldnt angle right!Turned out that one of the coupler sets that i bought was BAD!!! after screwing with it for 4days!!!!and about 7 quarts of pump fluid.new 90's on rams,riged 90's on pump,dad made new hoses(he's a heavy duty mech.)made hoses so they stay with plow not on pump!the 2 o rings on cross over and the filters are new!!NOW... the damn thing angles BUT you can push on moldboard and it moves both ways!wont hold angle!!pulled plow and bled rams per video on smith brothers site not 1 time but 3 times and it still wont hold angle if you push on moldboard! HELP!!! after sandblasting and painting and replacing about every nut and bolt on the darn thing id hate to cut it up with a torch!!!!!:realmad:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mis-assembled cross over valve or a damaged/missing O-ring on the C valve. Only real possible causes. Do you have the assembly manual for your pump in order to check your work? If not you can get it here.

3. cherokeeman01

the only thing i didnt do per instructions was to put very first o ring into pump.I put it on cage first and put second bigger o ring on shoulder loose like it says and then put it in the way they say.could that not seat the way its made to?It went on cage nice and tight like its made to do it!thought it would be easer to do it that way instead of trying to put o ring in pump first.The pump is still on truck when ive been working on it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The procedure you used of installing the O-rings on the cage is fine but it's easy to cut an O-ring while pressing the cage into place in the valve block., I know I've cut a few during installation. I'd recommend disassembling it again to recheck the O-rings on the cage assembly. I think you'll find one cut or damaged.

5. cherokeeman01

will do! thanks for your help. i'll let you know what i find.