1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help... plow will not drop fast enough

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Advanced Glenn, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Advanced Glenn

Advanced Glenn Junior Member

When I try to lower my plow, it drops real slow. I already tried to adjust the linkage at the valve body, does not seem to help. It almost feels like something is blocking the valve, or I got some crap in the system somewhere. Has anyone had this problem? I have a local plow repair shop, that is not shy when it comes to their prices. I can't get a straight answer, they just want me to drop off the truck. They will then charge me by the hour for evaluation, and/or repair. I figured I would try this before I drop my pants... It's so slow you actually have to start your drop as your backing up for the next push, or I am waiting. Not to mention the down pressure from gravity sucks, it seems to be holding back some of the weight? Help!

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Glenn

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

what type of plow? did you adjust the quil?

3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

X2, if that is not it, check the packing nut on the lift ram, may be too tight.

4. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

As mentioned, Quill and packing nut. Good luck.