1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help PLEASE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chevy/GMC, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

I have a thread going over in the Chevy area also. I'm in the processe of swapping out my 8years old Boss 7.6 str poly from my 97 GMC onto my 06 CC Duramax Chevy. I installed the new truck mount today and started in on the wiring. I removed everything from the 97 and I plan on putting everything in the 06. The problem I ran into is the head light adapter kit I have that was on the 97 will not plug into the 06's headlights. But if I look it up on the Boss web site it says it is the same adapter kit MSC04601 90-07 (4lamp) 13 pin. Well I can tell you this it is a totally different set up. I'm planing on finishing up the wiring tomorrow other then the lights until I get this figured out. The sales guy at the dealer told me my old adapter would work, well he was wrong. Anyone ever run into this problem?

Also when wiring up the light switch what is a good fused ignition source to tap into???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.