1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tleffelman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

I am looking at a used boss 8.5 heavy duty straight blade rt3 smart hitch with mounting bracket and wiring harness. It came off of a 02 Chevy 2500 hd. I want to put it on a 08 Chevy 2500hd. will it all fit and work or do i need to buy something else. The mount part number is LTAO4767B. I have been doing some research and it says that it will all work but i would like to be confident and make sure that it will fit instead of buying it and having to dump a bunch of money into it thanks for your time

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

3. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Thanks for the info and the wiring harness will work also correct

4. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

That is correct. The wiring harness is universal.

5. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Thank you very much for the info are they very hard too hook up such as the wiring harness or are they preaty easy

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

It doesn't get much easier than a boss harness

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I agree. I just helped a buddy install a fisher on his truck and it is very confusing. Boss does it right. No modules with 3 or 4 different plugs to plug in. Its very simple and easy. Also there are only 2 plugs that come out the front of the truck. Power/ground and control. I will also add the control pins are a lot larger than the fisher ones. If you need help with the install just ask.

8. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

thanks guys for all your help also wondering i had a person tell me that i need a different headlight adapter is this correct thanks

9. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Just found out that this plow is an 11 pin harness and talked to a dealer and he said that it wouldnt work on my truck is this true

10. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

very easy to change out the wiring to 13 pin on both sides.

11 pin generally won't work with newer trucks. I had an 03 dodge we had to get 13 pin for

it takes 5 minutes to change the harness out on the plow.

not sure about headlight adaptors I know GM made a switch to or from negative polarity lights or some junk around that year.

11. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

What does that harness run

12. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Look it up storks auto or esitrucks.com

13. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Okay let me ask you guys this question have any of you spliced the headlight harness into the 11 pin harness i heard that the 11 pin would work i just wouldnt have lights

14. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Now I think i ended up with the wrong mount whats the difference between the two? I know they said they moved it out for the bumper but how much? Will the old style bracket work? It mounts up fine to all the holes and i just removed my air dam right now didnt want to cut it out yet and screw that up also thanks