1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help please! Contracts!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Corona, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Corona

Corona Junior Member

Hello!
    This is my first time using this form, I would like to know how people find business that their snow removal contract is about to expire, and go back out for bid. I am from Massachusetts, is their a website that these companies use? Also what is the best way to start bidding parking lots? Is there a rule of thumb? I have been plowing streets for the past year and I just lost my contract with the city.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Generally speaking 99% of the lots are under contract now... Your too late this year.... There's no magic way to find out who's contracts are about to expire... cold call and in person talks with the property owners work best.... why not sub for one of the companies that got the contract for the city?

3. Corona

Corona Junior Member

I understand everything is under contract now, I just want to keep my eye out, I am working on trying to sub for the city again. I think it's the easiest money.