1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help picking snow tires what are the best?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stenny, Feb 2, 2015.

1. stenny

stenny Senior Member

OK so I have a 92 Chevy k1500 and I need to get some snow tires I have used nokian tires for my wife's SUV and I like them a lot and I have use blizaks before and liked them but with plowing. What does everyone use and what is the best these tires I am only gonna use in winter I have summer wheels and tires.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Search. This has been beat!!
  3. Plowingsince10

Plowingsince10 Junior Member
    from Ottawa

Goodyear wrangler duratrac where good tires to me...i will be buying my second set for my new truck soon
  4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I just put on some arctic claws, studded, hands down the best snow tire I have ever had.
  5. JDosch

JDosch Senior Member
    from Joliet

I use BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires.
  6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Using new studded Duratracs this year.....unstoppable.
  7. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Anyone ever use nokian tires? Or what about chains on their tires? I have good tires but they aren't snow tires my biddy said they might be summer tires but I don't know they have plenty of tread but I have 2 sets of rims with tires on them 16 inch and 15 inch the 15 inch ones have like 31 tires but they are weather and so I figure I will use those rims for winter rims and get some good tires for them. I have nokian wrg2 tires on my wife's all wheel drive car and they work better then any snow tires I have ever used on cars before and I know nokian makes some studded snow tires but I don't know if they are truck tires I know they have SUV tires but I don't know if there is a difference or what the difference is
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

9. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Gonna cost you though
  10. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

I just got some General grabber AT2's. I really like em so far. Paid $700 online for a set of 4 285/75 16s. You can get em studded for a few extra bucks
  11. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

not again!!!!!!!!!!
  12. erebus

erebus Junior Member
    from ny

Duratrac. I only have two in the rear now. They have been great. Will be getting two on the front soon.
  13. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Firestone Winterforce / can be studded. I did not as it could leave marks on the fancy driveways.
    These tires rock - absolutely unreal compared to the Goodyear M&S tires I took off.
  14. dieselss

Oh yea. Next is gunna be plow, truck, plow fluid...again
  15. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

You could fill your tires with plow fluid.

Best truck, one that works.

Plow, the one that moves the snow.

Tires, round ones.
  16. dieselss

Your just no fun
  17. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

That's what Roy said......

18. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Just dont mess up the head light fluid and the plow fluid....Geesh what a mess!
  19. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

I'm on my third season with a set of Pep Boys branded Dakota M/T's.
    Picked them up when they had the buy three get one free deal.
    They have worked very well. And they have a 50k mile treadwear warranty.
  20. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Last year my son put on a set of BFG TA KO on his Colorado. Month after him I put a set on my Jeep TJ UL. Way better then the Jeeps original GY wranglers.

We both liked them. Found them so good I just bought a set for my wife's Suburban. Except they don't make the TA KO's in her size 265/70/16 any more. Turns out this year BFG came out with TA KO2's. Center of the tread design is the same as the KO. Though the BFG did not make them in the right size. The closest size is 265/75/16. The diameter is .9" larger. No fitting problems.