1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help/Opinions

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, May 4, 2008.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have a LED dash light already and need something for people to see from the back or 360. I bought a 360 LED strobe light & you can't even see it in the day. What would you suggest?? Not looking to spend alot.....maybe $300. I don't want to buy a full blow light bar. I like the "stealth" mode. lol
  2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

What 360 LED light do you have currently?
  3. allarservices

allarservices Junior Member

Strobe lights take less power but I like the amber mini bar lights. You should be able to find them at your local auto or plow accessory stores. Priced between $115.00 & $135.00.
  4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I personally like Halogens... If your going to go LED for a mini bar go with a Whelen Responder II... Code 3 and Federal has some really great little light bars under the $200-$300 mark.

I like the Halogens due to the fact that they can be seen day or night sunny or overcast etc... Yes they draw more amps but they have the penitrating power to get attention!
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I believe its a "meterorlite".....made in the US.

I do NOT want to buy a light bar of any kind. Just need something for when we're working on the roads or at night.
  6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I've got a little Whelen Cadet w/Amber...2 speeds, Real Bright on Sunny Days, Little amp. Mag Mount. Very impressive little light. I think I bought it for like $50 or so.

This pic is w/red lense but it you can get different lense

Whelen Cadet.jpg
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  7. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Well I really would rather not want to spend $375 for hide-aways & I don't want to drill lightheads into the rear of my truck. Plus there would be no where to put them in the back........

Any 360 LED's that are UNDER $175 & are good???
  9. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

10. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'll put my little Whelen Cadet up against any of those strobes for light during the day... Even the other Whelen's You notice... $50! They also come with a cover so you can put it on your dash w/o blinding you as the rotator spins!

The Sho-Me's and the others (not the Whelens) are made in China.
  11. firefighter550

firefighter550 Junior Member

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Guys PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!! The truck is in my signature. I ALREADY have a LED dash light. I need something for the back..........$375 for hide-aways was the price installed & power supply. I think I may just go with the hide-aways....I'd rather not drill and the truck & according to you guys there's no good 360 LED for around $175.........
  13. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

I have a whelen L31 amber led beacon and its very bright. Plus it has a cool cruise light mode. I paid $206.
  14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict