1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on which one western or fisher plows

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by moneymike77, Aug 30, 2005.

1. moneymike77

moneymike77 Junior Member
    from eastern

I'm going to buy a new plow this season and everyone i talk to say to buy a western plow i am putting it on a 05 chevy2500 hd and when i went to go look at the western plow the dealer told me that fisher plows bought out western plows and that fisher plows are a little bit better than western is this true info. the size that i will be buying is 7'5 blade i really like the western with the ultra mounting system,but wnated to get some other opinions first.

Thanks Mike :waving:

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Mike- Western and Fisher are owned by the same company, Douglas Dynamics. They are basically the same plow, with a few difference. Either one is a good, strong plow.

William

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

WIlliam is correct, same parent company. The most significant difference is that Fisher is a trip-edge design while the Western is a full trip blade design. I have had both and my preference is the Fisher as I like the trip edge better.

4. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

What is you budget and what is your target area? The Western V plow has the trip edge but it will set you back $5000. The Ultra mount and Minute mount2 are very different. I've used both and prefer the Western Ultramount.